It's a slight twist on a classic French salad and is our number 1 go-to dish for a simple, summer's lunch.
You will need:
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets
- 100g Cornish new potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 hearts of little gem lettuce
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- Large handful of french beans
- Small handful pitted black olives
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp Nature Kitchen Herb Salt
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
1) Cook the Cornish new potatoes and French beans in boiling, salted water until tender.
2) Cook the eggs in boiling water for 3 minutes then plunge into ice water to preserve the soft centre.
3) Assemble the lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and olives in a bowl then add the warm french beans and potatoes.
4) Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over the salad; toss the salad to ensure everything is evenly distributed.
5) Top the salad with the soft boiled eggs and large flakes of smoked mackerel.